Relax, we’ve got you covered.
Take a load off your shoulders. Every asTech scan and calibration is backed by warranty.
Rest easier knowing that, provided you’ve followed the service and repair recommendations provided on our pre- and post-scan reports, the vehicle will be free of DTC codes.*
Still having troubles? We’ll re-scan the vehicle at no charge and provide a rental vehicle reimbursement.*
*Terms and conditions apply.
asTech® makes every attempt to provide the most reliable information available through the use of the asTech® device, however;
- Remotely diagnosing vehicles has limitations that are outside the control of asTech® and the Master Technicians employed by asTech®. Information gathered through the asTech® device is done so remotely, and therefore asTech® and its employees cannot be responsible for omission or errors caused by the information provided, or not provided, by the customer.
- All work performed by asTech® will be in accordance with OEM specifications and defaults. This includes, but is not limited to, any repairs, calibrations, integrations, programming and set points as indicated by the OEM by way of their designated sources of such information. asTech® is not responsible for any damage that results from, or to, aftermarket parts or modifications from OEM factory specifications.
- While every attempt is made to provide accurate information on the Scan Report, the asTech® device may not, in every circumstance, return the same information that would result from a scan performed with a directly connected OE scan tool.
- asTech® Master Technicians will utilize the asTech® device to return the vehicle to factory default settings.
- asTech® Master Technicians will indicate on the scan report their name and the OEM Scan Tool used to scan the vehicle.
- Despite the best efforts of the Master Technicians employed by asTech®, and the functions of the asTech® device, some vehicles will require dealer service in order to be repaired. Instances where a vehicle may need additional work from a dealership could include Warranty work on modules, Collision Avoidance System programming where targets are needed, Programming where modules could potentially be damaged, and/or Programming keys.
- Variations between vehicles according to the make, model and trim level, may limit the information provided by the asTech® device.
- Depending on the condition of the vehicle and the extent of the damage, and other factors outside the control of asTech®, the asTech® device may not communicate with every system on the vehicle being scanned.
- asTech® and its employees are not responsible for any intentional or unintentional misuse of the asTech® device, or data provided on the Scan Report, by the end user. Shops are responsible for complying with all local and state regulations.
- At times the Master Technician working for asTech® will request that a vehicle be “road tested.” Failure to “road test” a vehicle when the Master Technician has requested it may lead to incomplete or inaccurate scan results.
- asTech® offers completion scans to ensure technicians that vehicles have been successfully repaired. If a shop fails to request a completion scan, systems on the vehicle that have not been repaired/reset may not be found. Completion scans are intended to finalize repairs, but do not guarantee that all systems have been repaired/reset. asTech® makes no warranty that the vehicle is repaired.
- asTech® is not responsible for any changes made to the vehicle after the asTech® device is disconnected.
- asTech® warrants that, where a pre and post scan is completed on a vehicle using the patented asTech® device, and where shop technicians have followed service and repair recommendations provided on the scan report from asTech®, the vehicle will be free of DTC codes, with the exceptions of certain Manufacturer dependent codes which can be converted from “Active” to “History” but require a pre-determined number of key cycles and/or miles driven to be cleared. Where it is determined that a DTC reoccurs or re-illuminates a MIL after repairs have been completed and the vehicle is returned to the customer, asTech® will re-scan the vehicle at no charge and provide a rental vehicle reimbursement of up to 25.00/day for a maximum of three days. In addition, if a vehicle is more than 25 miles from the original repair facility and requires being towed, a towing benefit on ”Approved Claims” up to $50.00 will be applied. This warranty is effective for 250 miles or 3 business days after the delivery of the vehicle to the customer, whichever occurs first, and is limited to DTCs that were missed in the original scan and does in no way guarantee the parts or labor of the shop.
- This warranty is only for you and the vehicle serviced. It is not transferable. asTech® will not be responsible for any consequential, incidental, or indirect damage under this warranty. Implied warranties shall be limited to the duration of this warranty and shall exclude consequential damages. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
- Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you (but in no event shall the inapplicability of such limitations or exclusions invalidate any other terms of this warranty).